Tuesday, June 29, 2021

2021 Midpoint


 


Thanks for checking this post (and other posts) out. We are already about halfway through the year, and I figured this would be a good time to recap what has been happening the first part of the year in terms of creative output, and what is (hopefully) coming in the second half of the year.

Music: Two new releases, both available on my Bandcamp page http://pentamethdemon.bandcamp.com. I am quite pleased with how my “faux”-riginal soundtrack for “Il Burattino Di Velluto Del Diavolo” (The Devil’s Velvet Puppet) came out, as well as Xargropthist, which contains my first original written/spoken work with the music. Both have been positively received by those who have listened to them (more people than I expected!) which has encouraged me to continue to work in the music realm for the near future. 

Coming later this year is “Dewfall Opulence” for which I have 4 of 10 tracks complete. This will be more of a combination of Hexicene Level and Scorches style work. I am contemplating releasing the music via The State51 Conspiracy, which is a digital distributor used by several artists on the Ghost Box label whose work strongly influences mine. 

There is also a forthcoming release from The Red Tower Collective, which is a collaboration with Justin Burnett of Silent Motorist Media where weird authors are mashed up with dark ambient and metal textures/atmospherics. I am pretty excited about my musical contributions as well as another spoken word piece. More to come on this as it nears release-info here https://redtowercollective.wordpress.com/

Writing: This has been the most productive recently. Work continues on “Black Ribbon and Other Perturbed Textiles” and the hope to release it in early 2022. This will depend on how many more pieces I can write for it, and I also need to consider how to release this (independently, a small press?) I have been submitting pieces to various journals and magazines, a few of these are marked as “In Progress”.

 There is one piece I wrote for an author I am heavily influenced by-I will know for sure in October whether it will make it into the project, and share more details as they come. 

I also have a submission for an anthology which I will know more about after July. Lastly, the biggest undertaking is the Nafallen University Course Catalog. I have about 50 pages written, with submissions open to those who want to write courses/departments. I have seen a handful of rough draft submissions, and I am beyond excited with how this may come out. 

 If you are reading this and it sounds interesting to you, please consider submitting; the link for info is here: https://madnessheart.press/submissions/nafallen-university-college-catalog-submissions-call/ A special shout-out to John Baltisberger at Madness Heart Press for his efforts in helping to bring this to fruition.

Lastly, I will have a post on the excellent Metal Heads Forever Magazine site in the Goblet of Shock section speaking a little about the projects I am working on, and what I hope it will lead to over time. I will post that link when it is live, but do check out the other posts here: https://mhf-mag.com/goblet-of-shock/


I am very excited to see what the rest of 2021 brings, and I am grateful to have you along for the ride.

No comments: