Tuesday, March 1, 2022

MARCH 2022 UPDATES


Obligatory photo of Matt and Rumi

Happy March everyone! Hope you are safe and healthy wherever you are reading this from. Below are some updates on creative work in progress and coming soon!

MIDATLANTIC LUSTSET (March/April 2022, Bandcamp)
I am really excited to announce a collaborative release from myself and Professor Ping (Urbana, IL) which is nearly completed. The title is MIDATLANTIC LUSTSET and combines both of our strengths and interest in dark ambient atmospherics into something really unique. Two tracks feature vocals by myself. The finishing touches are being worked on for one of the tracks, and then we will likely drop the release on our respective Bandcamp pages. If you've dug what I've done in the past, I think you'll enjoy this new release very much.

NAFALLEN UNIVERSITY COURSE CATALOG (Date TBD, Madness Heart Press)
Edits continue on the Course Catalog-I am expecting an initial draft to be ready by the end of the month. More edits will be sure to follow, along with layout and images. Stay tuned! This will be a very cool collection when it is finally ready!

BLACK RIBBON AND OTHER PERTURBED TEXTILES (2022, ???)
The initial draft of Black Ribbon is ready, and I have begun sending it off to some small presses for review. I also have the draft out to some local artists for interior illustrations. Depending on how the subs go, it may come out from a small press, or may be self published. More updates will follow!

SECRET PROJECT (Date Q2 or Q3 2022, Self-Published)
A lot of my creative energy the last month or so has been poured into this project. I can reveal a few elements of the project here:
  •     It will most likely be self-published.
  •     It will be a quarterly release, with options to either subscribe to a year or purchase individual releases.
  •     Year 1 is nearly complete-Year 2 content is already in the works. A more formal and detailed announcement will be made when Year 1 is complete in the next month or two.
  •     I am working with an enormously talented artist and will contain written work by he and I in Year 1.
  •     The focus is on a limited physical release (there may be an e-release at some point).
  •     It will be very strange, weird, horrific, gross, and hopefully funny if your sense of humor runs that way.
  •     If it is successful in Year 1, Year 2 will open up to invited guest writers.
  •     There is also the potential that the quarterly releases could be gathered together in the future into a compendium release of some sort.
Believe me when I say there is almost nothing like this project out there, and I have been having so much fun writing it and collaborating on it. I truly can't wait to share more news about this when the time is right!

That's all for new news! Below please see some links to my work available now!


https://pentamethdemon.bandcamp.com/

The Bandcamp site where you can get my most recent (2020-present) music releases. I am always glad to see little bumps from folks checking it out! The latest release is Dewfall Opulence. Bandcamp Friday is 3/4 where they are waiving their fee-a great day to purchase some of my work (always free to stream though!)


https://getbook.at/TW3

Trigger Warning 3: Speaking Ill (Madness Heart Press), containing my story "Khilljoy Memorial Home" is available now from the link above! Signed and stamped copies are available at Hartfield Book Co. in Monticello, IL. You can also write to me and we can arrange for you to get a signed & stamped copy as well.


https://godless.com/collections/vendors?q=Matt%20Henshaw

My two Godless exclusive stories, "Merry and Bright" and "Three Family Portraits" are still available for 50 cents a piece on Godless.com. The link above sends you to my author page where you can buy both or link to me on other social media.


 

No comments: