Friday, July 1, 2022

JULY 2022 NEWS AND UPDATES PLUS FIRST HALF OF 2022 OVERVIEW

(Edited from my first newsletter which contains even more goodies-write me if you want to get in on it!)

Good morning/afternoon/evening for whenever you get to read this!


Old but not bad picture

Thanks for being interested in/supporting my creative endeavors! 

The first half of 2022 has seen (for me) a tremendous amount of output in a variety of outlets. The Year of Collaboration has borne more fruit than I could have imagined, with more on the way in the months to come.

Out now
Music:
Dark Prairie Atmospheric Collective Vol. 1 - Midatlantic Lustset is available for download from pentamethdemon.bandcamp.com. This is a mainly ambient but at times noisy collaboration I did with Professor Ping (aka ZeKeith McKinney of Urbana, IL who lives a couple blocks from me). We traded files, manipulated, remixed, and combined our individual approaches into something cool and unique. Always free to stream, and the download is reasonably priced at 5 dollars for over an hour of music. Please share with others that you think will dig it, and be on the lookout for a Vol. 2 later this year!

Writing:
The Nafallen University Course Catalog 2022-2023 (Madness Heart Press)
http://getbook.at/NUCC2022
I am full of glee at the response this has gotten! The vision I had for this was flawlessly executed by the over 30 contributing authors, and I believe it is like nothing else out there. I did write about half of the content myself, but honestly getting listed as Editor was a huge honor, and I felt weird about including those credits in my "bio" at the end. By the way, the email in the back is totally a working thing - people who write to it may get a little surprise in their inbox. Physical copies from Amazon are available now, and also as John (the publishing editor and head honcho at Madness Heart Press) is also stocking these at his tables at various conventions over the summer. ALSO - this will be released as an e-book on July 26 (a day before my birthday!) on Godless.com for those who prefer e-books. If you have read it, please consider leaving reviews at Amazon and Goodreads as they will help raise awareness about it and the other entry in the Madness Heart Life series (the Madness Heart Press Employee Handbook, which I had nothing to do with but love almost as much as the Catalog). There will also be an announcement about a contest associated with the series when the e-books drop on the 26th, so stay tuned for more on this!

Cosmic Horror Monthly July 2022 Issue (Cosmic Horror Monthly)
My micro piece, "The Creak of Sunrise", was included in this issue, along with the first part of The Yellow King by Robert Chambers! Very delighted and honored to be in this magazine. If you enjoy my piece in here, there is more that will be of a similar tone coming out in the not too distant future.

Bear Creek Gazette Issue 10, July 10 (Bear Creek Press)
One of my longer pieces, "Kind and Hobscroll's Sporting Day Out", is included in this issue. It is straight up bizarro, and very, very strange. Very excited to be in this collection! 

SOON
These are some items coming up that I hope you'll be as excited about as I am


Writing:
Olde Wyathscope's Quarterly Concern Issue 1 shipping in September!
The first 4 issues are in hand and Issue 1 will ship to subscribers and purchasers in September. Info on purchasing can be found at the link below. This is me and Mat Fitzsimmons putting something really indie and homemade out. The response from folks who I sent issue 1 (and more) to has been enthusiastic. This is in the form of an alamanac, with weather reports, trivia, predictions, and more. I have written half of the second year already, and it gets even stranger. I am really pleased with this, and it has helped me become a better writer and artist (I have done some actual art for these, but most of it is Fitz!) If you liked it, please help boost the signal so I can cover printing and shipping costs (full transparency, I have put around 1000 dollars into this so far). 
If you would like a PDF of Issue 1, I am happy to send you one-just let me know and as always, if you like it please share it!

ABCs of Horror (September 2022, D & T Publishing)
My story "L is for The Lacrimosas" will be included in this anthology out in September. I am almost certain no other story will be like this one in terms of form and content. I am really pleased with how this came out.

If you know of any podcasts or other interview outlets that might be a good platform to talk about my creative output, I would be delighted to take the time. 

Remember, when one wins, we all win! Tell me about your stuff, and I will check it out and boost your signal.

Here are a ton of links!!!

http://www.cosmichorrormonthly.com Cosmic Horror Monthly
http://getbook.at/NUCC2022 Nafallen University Course Catalog
http://oldewyathscope.blogspot.com Olde Wyathscope's Quarterly Concern
http://pentamethdemon.bandcamp.com Music by Me
http://bearcreekgazette.com Bear Creek Gazette
https://wxxt-gare-occult.square.site/the-wxxt-program-guide Matthew M. Bartlett's WXXT Program Guide/Devil's Radio
http://getbook.at/TW3 Trigger Warning: Speaking Ill (contains my story "Khilljoy Memorial Home"
https://godless.com/products/matt-henshaw?_pos=3&_sid=6c47538fc&_ss=r Self published stories by me on Godless - 50 cents each - Three Family Portraits and Merry and Bright

No comments: